No idea why I named this post 30 when there are 45… name aside, well worth re-posting.
30 nice thoughts:
1. Life is not fair, but it is still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job or social media friends won’t take care of you when you are sick, but your family will. Don’t lose focus of what truly matters.
5. Pay off your debts every month. Strive for a debt-free life.
6. You do not have to win every argument. Agree to disagree. Let people be with their views, however, respect should remain on the table.
7. It is not in the dreaming, it is in the doing.
8. It is OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save as much as you can, starting with your first salary.
10. Do not revenge, walk away. Revenge will not make the pain go away.
11. Make peace with your past so it will not mess up your present.
12. Do not intentionally befriend people for their status or social position. Sawubona, is about seeing and acknowledging people as people.
13. Do not compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. Hard work is attractive. No shortcuts. Silently put in the hours.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry, God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that is not useful, internally beautiful or genuinely joyful.
18. Whatever does not kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It is never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, do not take no for an answer.
21. No need to be competing, life is great when you stay in your lane. Do your thing.
22. Over prepare, over commit, then go with the flow.
23. If you talk a lot, make sure you have a good heart. Words out of your mouth are a reflection of what is in your heart.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain not looks. Get high on conversations that matters.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In five years, will this matter?’
27. Always choose life, not arguments, not proving a point. Choose life.
28. Forgive everyone, everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Public success but private failure eats your soul. “For what profits a man if he gains the whole world but loses his own soul”
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or did not do.
35. You matter, you matter more than you know. Show up and make the most of it.
36. You do not rise to the level of your goals. You fall to the level of your habits.
37. Your children get only one childhood. Spend time with them.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we would grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life is not tied with a bow, but it is still a gift.