For those who read this blog daily and seek to use its stories, experiences and sometimes rantings in order to change the world, whether globally or locally, thank you:
- For the difference you are making;
- For the courage to stand out and not fit in;
- For consistently disrupting the status-quo;
- For caring and sharing ideas that matters;
- For reflecting credit when it is easy to hog the spotlight and embracing blame when everyone would have easily dived for cover;
- For starting that movement of elites, not the elites of class or wealth, but the elites of curiosity, passion and taste;
- For imagining a better world and doing work worth making a remark about;
- For having the humility to say “It’s okay, its not for you” to non-believers;
- For letting people see your more vulnerable side and learning that you don’t have to maintain a superhero image;
- For standing up to insurmountable forces;
- For having the guts to say “This might not work” but we will do it anyway because it might work;
- For sharing your story of courage and being loyal when it is very easy not to be loyal;
- For never hesitating to teach, to point something out, to lift someone up;
- For teaching us that if you don’t require the journey to be easy or comfortable or safe, you can change the world; and
- For caring enough to stand up and say, “here, I made this.”
- For embracing the notion that popularity is not success.
My wish for you in 2016 is to continue doing work that matters, work that touches people for the better, not because you expect anything in return but simply because you can.
All the best and God bless.
Being on this journey with you is the reward.