1. The best marketing does not feel like marketing. It feels like a warm blanket your grandmother sewed.
2. Creativity is limited by: 1 self doubt 2 big ego 3 indifference 4 excessive time 5 no deadlines 6 group think 7 process rigor
3. Great ideas exist between the obvious and the absurd. — Jason Keath
4. Content is not storytelling; it’s telling a true story well. – Ann Handley
5. When your message resonates, people line up for more. Leadership w/ — Simon Sinek
6. Be the leader you wish you had. — Simon Sinek
7. The two types of bad pitches: cold pitches that promise money; cold pitches that don’t promise money.
8. “Content marketing is weaponized storytelling.” — Chris Brogan
9. Learning agility is the new master skill (Learning AGILITY and LEARNING agility) — Jill Konrath
10. Being on par in terms of price and quality only gets you into the game. Service wins the game.
11. Great Content Marketing: Solve problems. Provide recipes. Encourage action. Apply hooks
12. The shift in great marketing is when there’s an earned trust and a sense of belonging.
13. Science of paying it forward: witnessing an act of kindness makes you more apt to perform one. Lead by example.– Simon Sinek
14. It’s not about being better than someone, it’s about being better than you were yesterday
15. Today’s sellers are teachers. Are you teaching customers how to ID what they need to make right buying decision?
16. “Being on par in terms of price and quality only gets you into the game. Service wins the game.
17. “The more you engage with customers the clearer things become and the easier it is to determine what you should be doing.”
18. Never try to be a thought leader. There’s no value in that. Instead, try to add value
19. “You don’t get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” – Jim Rohn
20. Great leaders sacrifice the numbers to save the people. Bad leaders sacrifice the people to save the numbers. — Simon Sinek
21. When push comes to shove, numbers will never come to your rescue – people do. — Simon Sinek
22. If you’re ONLY a performance driven company, you’re setting up an unhealthy, selfish culture of unhappy people.– Simon Sinek
23. “When I hear – we’re a performance driven company – I always go uh oh.” — Simon Sinek 🙂
24. “If your phone is 1st thing you check in the morning before you get out of bed you may have an addiction,”– Simon Sinek
25. “Make your product easier to buy than your competition, or you will find your customers buying from them, not you.”
26. “The ultimate content strategy is listening.” ― Marcus Sheridan
Lets see what day 2 has in store. Amazing conference so far. Looking to Malcolm Gladwell on day 2.